Full-time position at Blyth-Templeton Academy
Organization Overview: The mission of Blyth-Templeton Academy is to transform the lives of its students by providing highly individualized, experiential education in small classes with dedicated and skilled educators. D.C.’s first micro school, Blyth-Templeton is at the forefront of rethinking what high school could/should look like in the 21st century, how it can be more accessible and better meet the needs of today’s learners. Please visit our website for a detailed description: www.blythtempleton.org.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate will have administrative experience and a willingness to think big and differently about what education can look like. Reporting to the Head of School, the successful candidate will be a responsible, knowledgeable and well-spoken individual with multi-tasking capabilities and able to learn and work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Manage campus reception (phone & in-person) and daily campus activity.
- Ensure the efficient and professional operation of the school including the management of the academic facility, bookkeeping, school supplies and equipment, student registration and records, human resource procedures, travel arrangements, etc.
- Serve as the school attendance officer and monitor student arrivals and departures daily.
- Manage school events - open houses, board meetings, community gatherings, etc.
- Support faculty and students as needed.
- Carry out any additional duties as a member of the administrative team that may be required from time to time at the discretion of the Head of School, including occasional evening and weekend school events.
Qualifications: This is a position for an independent learner who can take direction, but who can also work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything they do; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives. In addition, we seek inspired individuals with:
- A love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications, time management, organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with CRM databases (preferably HubSpot).
- Bachelor’s degree required and examples of continued learning and certifications encouraged.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Next Steps: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter explaining how s/he would be a good match for these criteria, and contact information for three references by email to Lee Palmer, Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Blyth-Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.