The mission of Blyth-Templeton Academy is to transform the lives of its students by providing highly individualized, dynamic and experiential education in small classes with dedicated and skilled educators. Blyth-Templeton Academy is small enough to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses. Our model combines a warm, inviting community with great teaching that allows our students to flourish in any setting.
Profile of a Graduate
All Blyth-Templeton Academy Graduates will:
- - understand their gifts and how they can use them in a way that brings them joy and serves others
- - leave BTA confident in their abilities and prepared for post- secondary education, career, and life
- - look at challenges as opportunities, not as obstacles
- - be creative thinkers and effective communicators
- - be global citizens, and engaged and empathetic members of their communities, be lifelong, self-directed learners
- - Authentic learning is founded upon curiosity, creativity, engagement and innovative thinking.
- - Care and empathy for students on academic, intellectual and personal levels is essential for their success.
- - Skilled hands-on experiential teaching in small classes engages students and produces learning outcomes that are meaningful and long-lasting.
- - Each student has a unique pattern of learning.
- - A balanced and manageable curriculum is the foundation of life- long learning.
- - Successful educational practices are founded on evidence-based research, tempered by experience.
- - Both a global perspective and international collaboration are central to becoming valuable world citizens.
- - Environmental awareness and sustainability are our responsibility.
- - Our individual ethics value respect, integrity, and striving for excellence.
- - Our community is founded on safety, humility, empathy, caring, sensitivity and inclusion.
- - We should strive to maintain a balanced lifestyle with regard to family, academic and social responsibilities.
- - Fairness is not sameness.
- - Connection to our community is crucial for learning and living.